Sunday, September 4, 2011

oh tomorrow morning's run

*Clearly written yesterday but posted today...still new to this shiz business*
There's a 12 miler on the schedule for tomorrow...hopefully it'll happen. My throat has not been feeling well at all and if I can't breathe without having the scratchiest throat ever I'm thinkin running will be even worse. (look at those reasoning skills!!)

So I ran my first marathon ever on Aug 20 and I thought I'd share some pictures from the bliss.
I got up to Park City earlier in the evening to make sure that I had everything ready to go for the run!  I laid everything out all nice and neat so I wouldn't have any confusion in the morning.  Just looking at this picture makes me excited!
Enter mile 18 or 19 of the marathon.  Not really a good sign when the race people spray paint a GIANT blue frowny face on the bottom of the biggest hill ever.  It never seemed to end, and it was about an 18% grade.  I tried to jog up it, but I felt like I was joggin in place so I said screw it and just hiked up the thing.  It was ridiculous!

I want to do another marathon...just looking at the pictures of this one I am flooded with emotion.  Feelings that good should be replaced immediately.  I've toyed around with running the SOJO marathon on October 15, registration fees are super cheap and its flat so I could get myself a better time than the PC Marathon...but I'm also thinking I should take this time to train harder to find another race at the beginning of 2012. 




No comments:

Post a Comment