Saturday, September 10, 2011

2 hours of spin?! Who does that?

Woke up this morning before my alarm went off and decided I would get myself dressed, semi-fed and off to the gym for Saturday morning spin class. I showed up early and about 1/3 of the bikes were claimed already! Ya, I got there about 45 minutes early too. Set up my bike then headed upstairs to get my run on. The schedule calls for 6 miles today but I only had time for a little over 3. Did a 9:13-9:31 pace though!

Fast forward to spin class. Yep it was full, and there were two bikes at the front. I was wondering what the hell I had gotten myself into. Turns out today was a 2 hour class! 2 hours of sticky, soaking wet, can't breathe cause the room is so stuffy-spin. Don't really need to tell you I rocked it only stayed for the first hour cause my legs were going to fall off. It was a great class though, maybe if I attended more faithfully I would know there are two hour classes sometimes and I would have come more prepared to meet my impending doom.

I met a new friend in spin, she ran the PC marathon too and has been my sole human source for other race information. Today she told me Big Sur marathon in April was already sold out! WTF I wanted to run that damnit! So now I'm looking around for other possibilities. They have a 21 miler available that I could do, can I just keep running the last 5 miles? Do you think they'd notice?

The SOJO marathon registration goes up next week and I'm still on the fence about it. I need to do more race research so I don't look like a fool when spin class friend crushes my dreams informs me that all races I want to run are full.

Imma go start some laundry then maybe sloth around for a bit, the 12 pounds of pumpkin protein pancakes I just ate are sitting like cement in mah bell-ay.

No comments:

Post a Comment