Sunday, September 11, 2011

16 miler that almost happened

Hahahaha okay so it was 14.70 but my legs were tired and I didn't feel like running circles around my moms neighborhood to make it happen. Lesson learned: do not do kettlebell swings two days before a long run. You end up being second day sore and that just sucks while running to your death. You use your inner thighs more than you might think when you run, kettlebell swings will not only show you that, but shove it right down your throat. get your mind outta the gutter they really are sore from kettlebell swingin!

I took a picture on my run today and I would like to place it (here: insert flag picture!) but I'm posting from my iPhone and I haven't figured out how to do that yet...Today I started my run about the same time the first plane hit the first world trade tower 10 years ago. And when I hit 9.11 miles I said a little prayer for all the survivors and the families who lost someone special on that horrific day. I found myself getting a little scared too when planes would fly over me. (the road I took to my moms is also along the flight path for a lot of planes leaving or coming here). I will never forget where I was that day, and how watching the whole thing take place on tv, and reading about it makes me feel. It was a terrible act that happened to our country. We've come a long way since then, and I am grateful that so many people go to such great lengths daily to make sure we are safe.

Unrelated note: why am I so hungry all the time?! You can't tell me it's all my running cause I seem to eat 3x what I burn! Weight watchers sucks right meow cause no one can seem to explain to my why I gain weight when I earn anywhere from 50-100+ activity points a week. Sweet old ladies don't know nothin...tellin me I run too much...THAT'S NOT AN ACCURATE REASON AS TO WHY I'M GAINING WEIGHT! Ugh. I did run 35 miles this week though...but seriously other people who run a lot are toned, ripped, and thin, I am missing out in this department!

Welp I'm off to raid my house for food like a scavenger, so I can shove it all in my face while watching the cable we don't havetv.

No comments:

Post a Comment